16.2.13

Back in Black

It's been a while. No excuses; I've quite simply been neglecting this space in favour of other things.

So, why now?

Well, because of the photograph above, and where it came from - the recently released BlackBerry Z10. Aberration is and always has been a blog of photos taken on BlackBerry devices of one model or another.

I don't have the all-new new Z10 yet, but my friend and photographic brother, Darin White, does. (Darin works for BlackBerry, so of course he does).

The other day over lunch, Darin demonstrated the Z10's photographic capabilities, and we talked somewhat excitedly about the exponential increase in possibilities it offers over previous BlackBerry models.

Inevitably, it led to me borrowing Darin's phone for a few seconds, during which I snapped this shot from our booth at the Firkin at the Tannery in Kitchener.

After applying effects using the Z10's dead-simple in-camera tools, I saved the shot. Then Darin showed me a nifty trick to get it from his BlackBerry onto my previous-generation 9900 model.

Since both our phones are equipped with near field communication (NFC), we were able to share the photo simply by holding our devices together, back-to-back, for a second or so. And voila, the image was now in my device's picture folder.

Needless to say, I'm excited about where the Z10 will allow me to take this blog, once I get my hands on one.

Until then, go and check one out for yourself. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello you talented thing! I have passed the “Bouquet of Three Award” to you. Congratulations! You are now invited to let people know about the 'bouquet', tell them who nominated you, list your own top-15 blogs, and then tell the world 7 things about yourself. Or ignore it at will. Up to you.
    Find out more here: http://thepretzelproject.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/bouquet-of-three/

    ReplyDelete